Sunday 12 January 2014

Manvir Toor Aquarium Field Trip














This a sea urchin. It belongs to the phylum Echinoderm. I found the sea urchin really interesting because they looked different from all the other phylums I got to look at. I got the chance to hold the sea urchin. They have spikes on their body, but they are really soft and squishy. On the bottom part of their bodies they have tube feet, which allow them to move by using their water-vascular system. Their tube feet also allow them to stick or hold on to things. When I was holding the sea urchin it started to grasp on to my hand as I slowly took it out of the water. It feels weird when they hold on to your hand. It feels like a little suction cup. Sea urchins come in many different colours and shapes and sizes. 

1 comment: